Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Toys From Around the World...

I've collected toys my whole life, even while supposedly playing with them, as a fastidious little kid.

At one time I was the country's leading collector / hoarder of Takara Jenny and Licca chan dolls from Japan.


I think I had around 600 of these dolls, but I never actually counted them, though.





The collection got out of control and eventually took over the apartment.




Then I added a Hello Kitty addiction to the existing problem.


All the while, still playing video games, also from Japan.


Then I moved, and put all this crap into storage.


How did one little kitty gather up so much junk?!


In the Summer of 2010, I decided to stop the madness and empty out the storage unit. I miraculously found one buyer for the Jenny dolls. She's the Jenny Queen now.


I didn't get rid of everything, though. I guess you could say I am a recovering hoarder. I still collect stuff, but nothing like before! I expect a relapse at any time ;P


See the awesome quilt I "found" in there?


Sock monkeys!


Below are hollowed out coconut shells, made into little purses. Most of them have "Hawaii" painted on their foreheads.


I only have three  bookcases of stuff now, which is cutting way back, according to my standards.


I love these dolls from Mexico, below.




Below are some Japanese kokeshi dolls from an art exhibit. I have a few of these, too.


The figurine sets below are from China. They're all only about 2 inches tall. They were a gift from a guy that looks quite a bit like George Lucas.


They really are cute!



This is the dharuma that I gave an eye to when I passed the National Interpreter Certification test in 2008. he sits on my desk, at work.







-HD

No comments:

Post a Comment